This content is part of a series.Questions You've Always Wanted To Ask About Heaven (14 Of 26)
Issues of the 90's
Dr. Stan Coffey
John 14: 1 - 6
Is Heaven real? Will I live forever? Do I have an eternal destiny? Does my life have meaning? Can I be certain of going to heaven when I die? Will I have a body there? Do angels really exist? Will life in heaven be interesting? Fortunately, God has not left us in darkness regarding our spiritual future. God has revealed truths about heaven in the Bible to enlighten and encourage us. A future finer than all our dreams awaits us in the "city which has foundations, whose builder and maker is God." This is truly one of the most fascinating subjects in the Bible.
1. IS HEAVEN A LITERAL PLACE, OR JUST A STATE OF MIND
A. Many false religions view eternity as a state of mind, not a place.
B. Jesus himself settled this issue in John 14
1. Jesus emphatically said "if it were not so, I would have told you."
2. The promise of Jesus was "I go to prepare a place for you." (Jn 14:2b)
3. In the Bible heaven is called a country, a city with foundations, a paradise; and Jesus referred to it as His Father's house.
II. WHAT KIND OF LIFE WILL WE EXPERIENCE IN HEAVEN? HOW WILL IT
COMPARE WITH OUR EXISTENCE ON EARTH.
A. In Heaven we will have a life of fulfillment. (Ps. 16:11; 1 Cor. 2:9)
1. There will be everything that will bring satisfaction to the heart--everything one could want and desire.
2. Heaven will be emptied of anything that brings sorrow (Rev. 21:4)
3. Heaven will provide the opportunity of unlimited development of all the abilities which God has given to each of us. (Rev. 22:4)
a.83% of Americans are unhappy in their jobs; in heaven all will be satisfied as they actualize the potential they have in God.
b. People who die at an early age will continue to grow and develop in heaven.
4. We will not be angels in heaven, but human beings who retain our individuality.
a. John saw a group in heaven that no man could number, "sta ...
There are 5810 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Price: $4.99 or 1 credit