This content is part of a series.
The Angel Of The Lord (10 of 16)
Series: ANGELS! ANGELS! ANGELS!
Dr. Stan Coffey
In today's lesson we will study an angel that does not seem to fit the mold of other angels. He Is called "the angel of the Lord" or "the angel of Jehovah". His appearances are found only in the Old Testament. His first appearance was to Abraham and his last appearance occurs in Zechariah.
I. THE DEITY OF THE ANGEL OF THE LORD.
A. The angel of the Lord and Hagar - Genesis 16:7-13.
B. The angel of the Lord and Moses at the burning bush - Exodus 3:1-6.
1. It is the angel of the Lord who appears from the burning bush.
2. In verse 6 the angel of the Lord claims to be God.
C. The angel of the Lord and Gideon - Judges 6:11-13.
D. The angel of the Lord and Manoah - Judges 13:21-22.
1. The angel of the Lord appeared to Manoah and to his wife.
2. Manoah said unto his wife, "we shall surely die because we have seen God."
II. THE DISTINCTION OF THE ANGEL OF THE LORD.
A. Zechariah has a vision of the angel of the Lord - Zechariah 1:12-13.
B. The angel of the Lord in the vision of the High Priest - Zechariah 3:1-2
1. Zechariah sees a vision of the High Priest standing before the angel of the Lord and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him. .
2. The Lord said unto Satan, the Lord rebuke thee. Here again is another distinction made between the angel of the Lord God.
III. THE IDENTITY OF THE ANGEL OF THE LORD.
A. The mystery of His- Identity.
1. The angel of the Lord is God, yet distinct from God.
2. The angel of the Lord is the second person of the Trinity.
3. The appearance of the second person of the Trinity in human form.
B. The manifestation of the angel of the Lord.
1. The only member of the Trinity who manifested Himse ...
There are 3569 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1784 character sample of the full content.