This content is part of a series.The Nature Of Angels (3 Of 16)
Series: Angels! Angels! Angels
Dr. Stan Coffey
In today's lesson we will explore the nature of angels. What kind of beings are angels? May we think of them as persons? What are their attributes and abilities? A survey of Biblical information will help us to understand just who the angels are and how they function.
I. THE PERSONALITY OF ANGELS
A. The Definition of Angel's Personality.
1. The archetype of personality - God.
2. The attributes of personality - intelligence, emotion, and will.
a. All persons as a result of God's creations possess self consciousness, self determination, and moral choice.
b. These qualities distinguish persons from things or animals.
B. The Description of Angel's Personality.
1. Intelligence - Ezekiel 28:12; Matthew 28:5; Rev. 17:1; I Peter 1:12.
a. Joy - Job 38:7; Luke 15:10.
b. Worship - Isaiah 6:2-3.
a. God's appeal to angelic will - Hebrews 1:6.
b. Lucifer's will manifested in pride causing his downfall - Isaiah 14:13-14.
II. THE PROPERTIES OF THE ANGELS - THE ATTRIBUTES OR CHARACTERISTICS THAT BELONG TO THEM.
A. Angels are Spiritual Beings.
1. Their limitations - Luke 24:39.
a. Limitations of space - they must travel through space to go from one place to another – Daniel 9:21; 10:13, 20.
b. Limitations in time - Daniel 10:10-14.
B. Angels Have Spiritual Bodies.
1. Type of bodies.
a. A body that operates by principals different than that of a human body.
b. I Corinthians 15:44 differentiates between a natural body and a spiritual body.-
2. Sex - angels are apparently without sex ("apparently" because we are limited to the human concept of sex and its powers) Matthew 22:28-30.
3. Life span - angels are immortal. Once created they never cease to exist - Luke 20:36. So any body they ...
There are 3705 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1852 character sample of the full content.
Price: $4.99 or 1 credit