This content is part of a series.
The Traitor Within (3 of 18)
Series: The Book of James - Core Training
THE TRUTH ABOUT TEMPTATION
(1) It's not a sin to be TEMPTED
It's a sin to GIVE IN TO TEMPTATION
Genesis 3/ Matthew 4:1-11/ Hebrews 4:15
(2) Don't blame GOD
James 1:13 and 1 John 2:15-16/ James 1:16-18 and Genesis 3:4-5
(3) Don't blame OTHERS
James 1:14-15/ Genesis 3:11-13/ 1 Samuel 15:19-25
(4) Don't blame the BAIT
James 1:14-15/ Romans 7:19-24/ 1 Corinthians 10:13
(5) When tempted RUN. Don't try to RESIST.
2 Timothy 2:22 and James 1:2-4/ 1 Corinthians 6:18/ Proverbs 26:11/ Proverbs 22:3
(6) FAILURE need not be FINAL.
Romans 7:24-25/ 1 John 1:9/ Proverbs 28:13/ Revelation 12:10 and 1 John 2:1-2
Growth Group Homework
1. Summer is just around the corner! Do you have any special plans, activities or prayer requests for the next few months?
2. Looking back at this weekend's teaching on ''The Traitor Within,'' was there a particular point, comment, or verse that caught your attention, challenged, or confused you?
DIGGING DEEPER AND TAKING IT HOME
1. None of us want to be known as the person who's blowing it. Realizing that we are giving in to temptation can be quite humbling and frightening to admit. What hope and incentive do the following verses give us when this occurs?
2. We often fall into sin because we don't understand how subtle temptation is. It takes us through a series of small compromises and/or unwise decisions until we are enticed into sinning. So if we want to avoid temptation or stand up to it when it comes, ...
There are 3343 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1672 character sample of the full content.