This content is part of a series.
Welcome To The Priesthood
Series: 1 Peter: Surviving The Storm
1 Peter 2:4-10
THE DAY THE CURTAIN TORE
Matthew 27:51/ Mark 15:37-38/ Luke 23:45/ Leviticus 16:1-34/ Hebrews 9:1-14
THE PASSAGE: Three Ancient
Prophecies No One Really Believed
(1) The Messiah will be REJECTED
1 Peter 2:4-8/ Psalm 118:22/ Isaiah 53:1-12
(2) Israel would become a nation of PRIESTS
(3) God's enemies will become his PRIESTS
1 Peter 2:9-10 and Revelation 5:8-10/ Genesis 12:3, Isaiah 56:6-8 and Ephesians 3:4-6
WELCOME TO THE PRIESTHOOD
(1) You now have full access to GOD
1 Timothy 2:5/ Hebrews 4:16/ 1 John 1:9
(2) You now have full access to God's WORD
2 Chronicles 15:3/ 1 Corinthians 2:14-16 and 1 John 2:27/ 2 Corinthians 1:13/ Acts 17:11
(3) You can now do anything a PRIEST or PASTOR can do
1 Peter 2:9-10/ Ephesians 4:11-12/ 2 Corinthians 5:17-20 and Colossians 3:17
TAKING IT HOME
1. Larry mentioned three privileges of being a priest. Can you think of anything you could do this week to enjoy any of the privileges of the royal priesthood?
2. Looking back at this week's sermon and study, what's most important for you to remember?
Growth Group Homework
Looking back at your notes from this weekend's teaching, Welcome to the Priesthood, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. The sacrifices conducted by the Old Testament priests involved ceremonies with deeply religious significance. But a sacrifice can also be the loss or giving up of something for the sake of a better cause. Can you think of a time in your life when you gave up something for the sake of a better cause?
2. What did you think when Larry said that ...
There are 3551 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1776 character sample of the full content.