This content is part of a series.
I Want To See Again (4 of 5)
Series: New - Discovering God's New Life For You
Mark 10: 46-52
Today I am continuing New: Discovering God's New Life For You! I believe that we need to understand what it means that we are called New Creations In Christ. What does that mean and how does it work out in our lives.
Text: Mark 10: 46-52
Background: Jesus has been ministering for about 3 years. He has been healing the sick, loving the unlovable, feeding the hungry, teaching and preaching to people about the Kingdom of God. He now comes to Jericho with his disciples and a man without vision is going to encounter Christ.
I. A Loss Of Vision Causes You To Be Defined By Your Problem Not
A. He was BLIND Bart, the son of ….
1. Bart's condition defined the existence of his life.
2. His challenge had defined him more than his family lineage.
3. His dysfunction was the defining element.
Key Pt: There are many people who are defined by the problems they have
Examples: Fred never can hold a relationship together.
Mary is always broke.
Sam's just good old Sam
B. His loss of Vision had created a state of survival.
1. He was blind and begging.
2. He was dependent upon the hand outs of people to sustain his life.
3. He was no long in control but had relinquished his control to others.
Key Pt: The Bible says in Proverbs 29:18 "Where there is no vision the people
II. A Loss Of Vision Will Cause You To Be Led By The Voices
A. He sat by the road.
1. He had been led by voices everyday to the same spot on the
Side of the road.
2. This was his lot in life. It was his comfort zone that he knew well
And Bart had relinquished his life to the spot on the side of the road.
B. Some of us feel like we are on the side of the road, led by voices.
1. Life is passing us by while we are on the side of t ...
There are 5664 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.