This content is part of a series.
More Repentance (2 of 4)
Matthew 3:13-16, 4:17
Today we continue a New Series for the New Year: More. I believe that this Year is a Year of More. That Jesus is More than enough for you and for me. That He is going to give you More Grace, Peace, Power and Purpose. More starts and ends with Jesus. He is More Than Enough For You.
Today I want to continue with More Repentance
Text: Matthew 3:13-16, 4:17
I. Jesus First Steps Into The River
A. Jesus steps into the River Jordan
1. This was a river of Transition and change.
2. Throughout the Bible you see significant events took place at the River
3. Going from Egypt to the Promised Land, Elisha receiving a new anointing.
B. Jordan represented repentance.
1. People were coming repenting of their sin
2. People were acknowledging something in their lives.
What is repentance?
1. The word means to think differently after.
2. To change ones mind.
3. It is a change of mind that results in a change of action.
Key Pt: Dealing with the attitude before the action.
C. We must understand that we all have Jordan Rivers in our lives.
1. I believe that we are now symbolically entering the Jordan.
2. I believe now is the time for us to have More Repentance.
II. Jesus Embraces The Process
A. John tries to stop Jesus
1. Jesus did not need to be baptized because he had never sinned.
2. Baptism is an outward sign of an inward change.
3. It is a public proclamation indicating a changed life.
Key Pt: John should have been baptized by Jesus not Jesus by John. But it showed Jesus' humility and submission.
B. Jesus embraces the process.
1. Obedience to what God has said. v. 15
* Everything resides in obedience.
2. Going all the way under the waters.
* Being committed
3. Open Heavens
* Supernatural Access
4. Holy Spirit coming upon him in the form of a dove.
* Symbolic of Purity and Innocence.
* Only bird allowed in the Levitical Law
* S ...
There are 4106 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.