This content is part of a series.
Thinking For a Change (1 of 6)
Series: Thinking For a Change
Proverbs 23:7, Romans 12: 2
Today I am starting a new series called "Thinking For A Change." I believe that what God is looking for is change. We don't call it change but rather maturity. But we must realize that maturity is really about change. Everyone of us want to mature so that we can be more successful in all areas of our lives. In order for us to change we must recognize that change is a process not an event.
It is the process of change that I want to help all of us with in this new sermon series. I believe that the Process of Change begins with our thinking. The Bible declares in Proverbs 23:7 "For as a man thinks in his heart, so is he…" The way we are is the result of how we think about ourselves. The way other people view us is the result of how we view ourselves.
So lets start on our Journey of Change by changing the way we think.
Remember this: You will never change your life until you change the way you think.
I. Your Responsible For Your Thinking
As a man thinks in his heart…Proverbs 23:7
A. You have the power over your thoughts
1. The Bible says As a man thinks, not as his neighbor thinks.
2. Your thoughts about yourself determine how you view yourself and life.
B. Your thoughts about yourself are Powerful.
1. Too many people are allowing other people's thoughts to determine
How they think about themselves.
2. The thoughts about yourself carry more power than the thoughts of
Key Pt: You have the power of choosing which thoughts will impact you the
Most. Your thoughts about yourself or others thoughts about you.
C. Jesus had to face this like you and me. Matthew 13:53 -57
1. Jesus did not allow the thoughts of others to determine what he thought
2. Jesus always pointed to a higher source: What the Father thought about
Him. Matthew 16:13 -17
3. Jesus never h ...
There are 5603 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.