Impact: Changing The World (3 of 6)
Series: I Am The Church
Genesis 3, I Corinthians 15:20-22, Isaiah 53:1-6
It is Time To Impact our World.
Impact: the striking of one thing against another. It means to have influence, an effect or to alter.
Text: Genesis 3, I Corinthians 15:20 - 22, Isaiah 53:1 - 6
The Cross of Jesus Christ has Impacted mankind more than any other event in human history. You must understand the beginning to get to the end. In the beginning we see the impact of Adam and Eve and their decision to sin. It brought sin into the world and into the human race.
We were enslaved and the devil had taken dominion. But God has a plan. God invested his very best in his Son Jesus into the earth. Out of the investment of Jesus there was a massive impact. The greatest impact was made through the cross.
Lets examine the Impact of the Cross!
I. The Cross Has Impacted Us With Forgiveness
(To Cancel/Forgive Our Sin).
Isaiah 53: 5- 6b "He was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our
Iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon him…and the Lord has laid
Upon him the iniquity of us all."
A. Jesus became sin for us.
2 Corinthians 5: 21 "For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us,
That we might become the righteousness of God in Him."
1. The perfect God-man became sin for us.
2. He voluntarily took on the sins of humanity.
3. He was the fulfillment of the scape goat in the Old Testament.
B. Jesus paid the price 2 ways: Wounded and Bruised.
1. Wound - is something that is outwardly visible.
2. Bruise - is something that is not always visible. In fact a bruise is a sign
Of inward trauma that has risen to the surface.
C. Jesus was wounded and Bruised for:
1. Transgressions - it is something that can be seen on the outside. It is sin
2. Iniquity - Greek is adikia which comes the word addiction.
There are 5424 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.