This content is part of a series.
The Mystery of Jesus (6 of 13)
Series: Magnificent Jesus/Extraordinary Life (Ephesians)
The book is broken up into 2 sections: 1) the Believers Position, chapters 1 - 3, and 2) the Believers Practice chapters 4 - 6. This is important to understand that Position always precedes practice. Practice does not secure Position, rather your Position secures your practice. In other words God does not accept you on your Practice but rather on your Position secured in Christ.
Paul wrote Ephesians around A.D 62 from a prison cell in Rome. It was written to Gentile Believers living in the city of Ephesus. The City of Ephesus was a world class city. It would be considered an ancient Las Vegas. One of the 7 wonders of the world, Temple of Diana, was built there. The city was given over to sexuality, lavish and lascivious lifestyle.
Paul help establish an incredible local church that was impacting the city. People's lives were being changed and Jesus was being preached. Paul is now writing to encourage
Text: Ephesians 3:1 - 13
I. The Messenger Of The Mystery v. 1-3
A. Paul addresses them
1. Prisoner of Jesus Christ - He has suffered many things for the sake of Christ.
* We will suffer some things for the sake of Christ. There will be
Persecution, misunderstandings, Spiritual Warfare.
* When I got radical for Christ, I lost some of my friends. I suffered being
Alone and many times misunderstood.
Key Pt: Paul shares what he has had to endure for the cause of Christ.
B. Paul tells them about the message of Grace v. 2
1. His work was GIVEN TO HIM, to tell the World about God's Grace!
2. That God has made a way for us to be back in relationship with God.
3. That we don't work for it, we don't earn or deserve it, that God gives it to us.
Key Pt: That all of us because of sin are separated from God. All of our good works
And deeds cannot bring us cl ...
There are 5772 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.