This content is part of a series.
Wisdom and Spirit (11 of 13)
Series: Magnificent Jesus/Extraordinary Life (Ephesians)
The book is broken up into 2 sections: 1) the Believers Position, chapters 1 - 3, and 2) the Believers Practice chapters 4 - 6. This is important to understand that Position always precedes practice. Practice does not secure Position, rather your Position secures your practice. In other words God does not accept you on your Practice but rather on your Position secured in Christ.
Paul wrote Ephesians around A.D 62 from a prison cell in Rome. It was written to Gentile Believers living in the city of Ephesus. The City of Ephesus was a world class city. It would be considered an ancient Las Vegas. One of the 7 wonders of the world, Temple of Diana, was built there. The city was given over to sexuality, lavish and lascivious lifestyle.
Paul helped establish an incredible local church that was impacting the city. People's lives were being changed and Jesus was being preached. Paul is now writing to encourage
I. Live Life Carefully v. 15 -16
A. Living life with Christ in mind. V. 15
1. We are now Children of Light.
2. We now live with the Light Guiding us.
B. Don't Live Like A Foolish Person: What does the Bible say about a Foolish Person?
1. Fool People says there is no God. Psalm 14:1.
2. Foolish people spread slander Proverbs 18:1
3. Foolish people think they are always right Proverbs 12:15
4. Foolish people lose their temper very easily Proverbs 12:16 Message
5. Foolish people don't listen to their elders Proverbs 15:5
6. Foolish people start fights easily Proverbs 15:6 Message
7. F. P. keep repeating the same mistake Proverbs 26:11 Message
8. F. P are know it all's, only listening to themselves Prov. 28:26 Message.
9. F. P hear God's Word but don't do what God says. Matthew 7:26
10. F. P declare they have faith but no works fo ...
There are 5180 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.