This content is part of a series.
Husbands and Wives - Christ and The Church (12 of 13)
Series: Magnificent Jesus/Extraordinary Life (Ephesians)
The book is broken up into 2 sections: 1) the Believers Position, chapters 1 - 3, and 2) the Believers Practice chapters 4 - 6. This is important to understand that Position always precedes practice. Practice does not secure Position, rather your Position secures your practice. In other words God does not accept you on your Practice but rather on your Position secured in Christ.
Paul wrote Ephesians around A.D 62 from a prison cell in Rome. It was written to Gentile Believers living in the city of Ephesus. The City of Ephesus was a world class city. It would be considered an ancient Las Vegas. One of the 7 wonders of the world, Temple of Diana, was built there. The city was given over to sexuality, lavish and lascivious lifestyle.
Paul helped establish an incredible local church that was impacting the city. People's lives were being changed and Jesus was being preached. Paul is now writing to encourage
I. There Is Form And Function In Marriage
A. God created Men and Women Equal
1. God does not love men or women more.
2. God did not send Jesus for just men or women
B. God created Men and Women with different Forms and Functions
1. Men are to be the High Priest of the Home, called to serve and guide.
2. Women are to be leaders and help with building a strong home.
C. God Created Marriage For The Purpose Of Oneness Gen. 2:21-25
1. God said the 2 will become 1.
2. This implies a process of learning form and function
Key Pt: It has nothing to do with value/significance but everything to do with form
II. What About Wives? V. 22-24
A. Wives submit to your husband
1. This is now dealing with Divine Order.
2. God is a God of order
3. Notice it says that wives are to submit to THEIR HUSBANDS! ...
There are 5642 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.