This content is part of a series.
Home and Work - Christ and The Church (13 of 13)
Series: Magnificent Jesus/Extraordinary Life (Ephesians)
The book is broken up into 2 sections: 1) the Believers Position, chapters 1 - 3, and 2) the Believers Practice chapters 4 - 6. This is important to understand that Position always precedes practice. Practice does not secure Position, rather your Position secures your practice. In other words God does not accept you on your Practice but rather on your Position secured in Christ.
Paul wrote Ephesians around A.D 62 from a prison cell in Rome. It was written to Gentile Believers living in the city of Ephesus. The City of Ephesus was a world class city. It would be considered an ancient Las Vegas. One of the 7 wonders of the world, Temple of Diana, was built there. The city was given over to sexuality, lavish and lascivious lifestyle.
Paul helped establish an incredible local church that was impacting the city. People's lives were being changed and Jesus was being preached. Paul is now writing to encourage
We deal with honor and harmony in the home and at work.
I. The Instructions To Children v. 1-3
A. You are Christians
1. You belong to the Lord.
2. As a Christ Follower you live life differently.
3. You have the Power given to you.
B. It is the right thing to do v. 1
1. Obeying your parents is the right thing to do.
2. As a Christian Young Person obeying is right.
C. It is commanded - Honor is showing love and respect. V. 2
1. God actually tells us to do it.
2. It is not a divine suggestion but a command.
3. Jesus now gives you the heart to obey.
D. It brings blessing
1. Things will go well for you.
* Obedience brings blessings.
2. You will have long life
* This means that if you listen to your parents you will not get into things
That could possibly shorten your life.
II. The Instructions ...
There are 4250 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.