Why The Cross Isn't Enough
Lessons from the first Easter:
Luke 24:13-35, 1 Corinthians 15:12-23
- Knowing everything about Jesus can leave us:
- Heading in the wrong direction
- It is not the knowledge of Jesus that changes us, but walking with Jesus that changes us.
Getting the most out of our salvation:
Romans 5:6-11,8:5-9, Galatians 2:20, 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24, Philippians 2:12-13, John 15:5, Colossians 3:3-4, Ephesians 3:16-19
Was a claim to be God Changes my title
Changes my destination
Changes where I'm going
Forgave my sins
Was a one-time payment
Backed it up
Changes my testimony
Changes my destiny
Changes who I am
Gives me power over sin
Means I have to die daily
Gets God out of Heaven and into me
Three keys for a great relationship:
1. Time invested
2. Knowledge gained
3. Push through the awkward
TAKING IT HOME
1. Looking back on this week's teaching, what are some ways you'd like to be more intentional in your relationship with God in the coming week?
Growth Group Homework
Looking back at your notes from this weekend's teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. This week we heard that in order to build a relationship, we need time invested, knowledge gained, and to push through the awkward. How have you seen these play out with your spouse, best friend or a family member?
2. Chris gave u ...
There are 3165 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1582 character sample of the full content.