This content is part of a series.
Going Deeper (1 of 5)
Series: Deep Waters
Intro: We are always on a journey of becoming more like Jesus in every way possible. ''Deeper'' is a word that defines our desire for each person, going a little deeper, pushing out into deeper waters, getting away from the norm. We have a deep spiritual hunger that resides in us and it is calling out to God, responding to God's call to go deeper. The deep waters of God's Spirit are calling out to fill the deep places of our hearts. We respond with our prayers and our spiritual hunger that drives us to the Word of God and worship. There is a place in our worship where the waves of God's presence can come upon us again and again, until we find ourselves in ''deep waters.'' Worship is our pathway to deeper waters.
The presence of God revealed as we worship is like rain that refreshes. It is like rivers from which we can drink. Worship is a heart issue. It starts with heart and flows from the heart. Worship is all about our love relationship with Jesus. Out of that flows life-giving worship. We are willing, we are thirsty, and we are pushing out from our shorelines.
I. DETERMINING TO GO DEEPER
A. ''GOING DEEPER'' DEFINED
1. I will push past my personal hindrances and distractions and wade into the deep waters of God's presence with my praise, worship and an open heart of expectation.
2. Luke 5:4, NET: Push out into the deep water.
''God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him.'' -John Piper
3. Ezekiel 47 progression: ankle-deep, knee-deep, waist-deep , deep waters
4. If you desire to wade beyond the shallow waters you have to honestly acknowledge where you are. Maybe it's simply saying, ''I'm not where I should be or want to be.''
5. Worship creates an atmosphere where God ''moves in'' with His presence and draws us out into deeper waters.
1. Deut. 10:7, GW: They moved from there to Gudgodah, and from Gudgodah to Jotbathah, a land w ...
There are 12683 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.