This content is part of a series.
Singing My Praises to God (4 of 5)
Series: Deep Waters
Pastor Frank Damazio
Intro: Going deeper into worship is easy when you are in love with Jesus and your heart is being pulled by Him. We are wading out into deeper waters and it is so exciting to see so many launching out. We are born to be worshippers and we are desirous to please God with our worship. We know now that lifting hands is a God-idea and singing our praise to God is a God-idea!
I. GOING DEEPER WITH PRAISE
A. "GOING DEEPER" DEFINED
1. I will push past my personal hindrances and distractions and wade into the deep waters of God's presence with my praise, worship and an open heart of expectation.
2. Luke 5:4, NET: Push out into the deep water.
3. Luke 5:4, NET: Push out into the deep water.
"God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him." -John Piper
4. Ezekiel 47 progression: ankle-deep, knee-deep, waist-deep, deep waters
5. Worship creates an atmosphere where God "moves in" with His presence and power, drawing people to be touched, healed, forgiven and saved.
B. WAYS WE WORSHIP GOD
1. Lifting my hands is stretching to God and releasing my entire being to express a greater degree of sincerity and intensity.
2. When I lift my hands I am:
• Lifting my heart
• Relinquishing control
• Positioned for intercession
• Entering spiritual warfare
• Building an altar
• Reaffirming my commitment to God
• I am declaring God is great!
3. Singing praise is a biblical expression of our worship as we sing praise songs and spontaneous songs from our heart.
a. Ps. 138:1 I will praise You with my whole heart; before the gods I will sing praises to You.
b. Ps. 47:6 Sing praises to God, sing praises! Sing praises to our King, sing praises!
c. Ps. 103:1, AMP: Bless (affectionately, gratefully praise) the Lord, O my soul; and all that is [deepest] within me, bless His holy name!
II. SONGS OF PRAISE
Eph. 5:18-19 And do not be drunk w ...
There are 11757 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.