How to Become a Godly Father!
1 Timothy 6:11-16
ILL.- Mark Twain said, "When I was a boy of 14 my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to the 21, I was astonished at how much the old man learned in 7 years."
ILL.- Popular comedian/entertainer Bill Cosby wrote, "Now that my father is a grandfather he just can't wait to give money to my kids. But when I was a kid and I asked him for 50 cents, he would tell me the story of his life. How he got up at 5 a.m. when he was 70-years-old and walked 23 miles to milk 90 cows. And the farmer for whom he worked had no bucket, so he had to squirt the milk into his little hand and then walk 8 miles to the nearest can. All for 5 cents. The result was...I never got my 50 cents.
"But now he tells my children every time he comes into the house, 'Well, let's see how much money old Granddad has for his wonderful grandkids.' And the minute they take money out of his hands I call them over to me and I snatch it away from them. BECAUSE THAT IS MY MONEY."
ILL.- Someone wrote these humorous word entitled, "The World According to Dad." These are words that most dads have said at some time or another to their children.
- This is going to hurt me more than it hurts you.
- Quiet. I'm watching the ball game.
- Don't forget to check the oil.
- Bring back all the change.
- How should I know? Ask your mother.
- I'm not made out of money!
- When I was your age I walked 5 miles to and from school each day and it was uphill both ways.
- You are going and you will have fun!
- Who's paying the bills around here, anyway?
- If you break your leg don't come running to me.
- Don't put your feet on the furniture. Your mother will kill you.
- Get down before you kill yourself. On second thought, go ahead.
- Quit playing with your food.
- Be quiet! Can't you see I'm trying to think!
- Why? Because I said so!
- If you don't quit that I'm going to call your mother.
There are 29424 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.