This content is part of a series.
Worship-Heaven's Way (19 of 41)
Series: The Unveiling
• Picture an acorn or a pecan with me. They both come from trees which are beautiful and large. In order for a tree to be formed, it is required that the fruit (acorn or pecan) die to itself. Most pecans just lay on the top of the ground, gathered by animals or humans, devoured, and that is it the end of it. But the pecan that has a long heritage is that one which is buried 'in' the ground and dies to itself. Once the pecan is buried, it then dies, and working with the soil, the hard exterior begins to soften and decay and new life springs forth. The new life forms a new tree which gives its fruit for years to come (up to 300 years). This is only possible by one pecan giving up its life for the new tree to be born.
• In John 12:24 Jesus says, "Unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains by itself. But if it died, it produces a large crop." Jesus is using an agricultural illustration to teach a spiritual lesson. He calls us to die to ourselves. Some of us need to find a place to be alone with God and die to ourselves.
• If we ever really die to ourselves, it will be evident in our daily lives, our family life, and in our worship. Worship is a hot topic. The amazing thing to me is that many want to 'lead it' while few really know what 'it is.' I submit we are kind of like the Children of Israel waiting on Moses to come off of Sinai; we have made our own God.
• Exodus 32 reveals a sad day in the life of the Hebrew children and is almost prophetic about us today. HOWEVER, in Revelation 4 we discover "Worship-Heaven's Way." As we read this scripture, we will discover that all the worshippers have one thing on their mind and that is giving awe to THE ONE, Jesus - The Lord and Lamb. (Read)
1. A Song -Yes, this service began with a song. It had no style. It was not an old song, scripture says, it is a "NEW SONG." The content and t ...
There are 8440 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.