This content is part of a series.
Are You Ready (31 of 41)
Series: The Unveiling
• Most of us know the name "Bill Gaither." He is arguably a genius in marketing, but is also known as a singer and songwriter. One of my favorite Gaither songs is "Hold on my child, Joy comes in the morning. Weeping only lasts for the night. Hold on my Child, Joy comes in the morning. The darkest hour means dawn is just in sight." The thrust of this message comes from the Psalms 30 which says, "Weeping may endure for the night, but joy comes in the morning."
• You have heard the saying that it is always 'darkest before the dawn' and if you have ever been sick during the night, daylight always brings new hope and seemingly new life. That darkest time seems to be where darkness and light collide. Never forget that 'darkness is the absence of light. NOTE: Darkness will never win over light. Darkness tries to overtake while light takes over.
• In Chapters 12 and 13 we have seen darkness attempt to win out over light. Satan, His political leader and His world religious leader has attempted a coupe on the God of creation. And now in Chapter 14 we are reminded that God is still in control!
• Here is the important word for today: Earth is coming to an end. Jesus' return and the destruction of this world is closer today than it ever before. For those who know Christ, paradise awaits. For those who don't know Him, punishment awaits.
• Here is the important question: Are you ready for eternity? Jesus says there are only 2 groups of people in eternity; those on the wide road and those on the narrow road, the wise and the foolish, and the lost and saved. The lost will see the Lord at the Great White Throne as their JUDGE while the saved will see Him at the Judgment seat as their Lord. The lost will be thrown into the lake of fire where the fire is not quenched and the worm never dies. This is a metaphor to the length of punishment, it is forever. Just like heav ...
There are 11296 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.