This content is part of a series.
Skeletons In The Closet? (5 of 5)
Series: Beyond The Flannelgraph - Joseph
Pastor Chris Brown
-The past can leave us paralyzed with fear, or paralyzed with guilt.
Genesis 42:1-4, Romans 2:14-15, 2 Timothy 1:7, Joshua 1:8-9, 1 John 4:18, Romans 8:15
-Not dealing with the past, robs us of our future.
John 3:19-21, Proverbs 28:13, Proverbs 11:21
We end up…
CLEANING OUT THE CLOSET:
1 John 1:9, 1 John 2:1-2, Luke 19:10, Hebrews 7:24-25, 1 Peter 2:24, Revelation 12:10,
1 Peter 5:8, John 10:10, Romans 7:24-25, Romans 8:1-2, 1Timothy 2:5-6
- You will have to go back to Egypt.
- You will have to face the truth.
Genesis 42:21, 44:16
- You will have to trust God.
- You won't have to earn grace.
Genesis 45:4-7, 50:15-20
TAKING IT HOME
1. Looking back at the four steps of "cleaning out the closet," are there any you would like to more effectively put into action?
2. As a result of this week's study is there any issue from your past you want to take a closer look at or an attitude of grace you want to choose to display to those you encounter?
Growth Group Homework
Looking back at this week's sermon about "Skeletons in the Closet" was there anything that surprised you, confused you, or particularly caught your attention?
1. What was your response ...
There are 2885 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1442 character sample of the full content.