This content is part of a series.
When God Doesn't Listen (6 of 9)
Series: Faith and Prayer
Dr. Larry Osborne
TWO GUYS TALKING TO GOD
Luke 18:9-14/ 1 Peter 3:10-12 and Hebrews 11:6
WHO WOULD YOU LISTEN TO?
- A spiritually zealous, morally upright, Biblical scholar? Pharisee
- A spiritually cold, Biblically illiterate, dishonest traitor? Tax Collector
THE KIND OF PEOPLE GOD LISTENS TO
- Those who walk in faith and obedience
- Those who approach Him in humility
DIFFERENT ANSWERS CALL FOR DIFFERENT RESPONSES
Mark 14:34-42/ Luke 18:1-8/ Judges 10:6-16
- "No," calls for trusting submission
- "Not yet," calls for patience and persistence
- "No answer," calls for a change in behavior
STATIC ON THE LINE
Five Things That Can Turn God's Ear Deaf
1. Refusing to let go of a cherished sin
Psalm 66:18/ Proverbs 28:9/ Proverbs 1:22-33
2. Harboring bitterness and refusing to forgive
Mark 11:25/ Matthew 7:2 and Matthew 6:12-15
3. Failing to show compassion for the poor
Proverbs 21:13/ Proverbs 29:7/ Luke 10:29-37
4. Failing to live by kingdom priorities
James 4:3-4/ Matthew 6:33/ John 14:14 and 15:7
5. Failing to honor your wife
1 Peter 3:7/ Malachi 2:13-15
TAKING IT HOME
Looking back at this week's teaching, do you need prayer for one of the things listed that keeps God from hearing your prayers?
Are you having any difficulty with requests you sense God saying "no," "not yet," or "no answer" to? If so, is there anything you'd like specific prayer for regarding this request?
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW - Looking back over your sermon notes, was there a particular point or passage of Scripture that challenged, confused or caught your attention?
1. If you gave your co-workers/neighbors the list of five things that cause God to not hear our prayers from this weekend's teaching, which one do you think they would be mo ...
There are 3838 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1919 character sample of the full content.