This content is part of a series.
A Date With The Devil: The Truth About Temptation (4 of 68)
Series: 30 A.D. The Jesus Story
Dr. Larry Osborne
An Obvious Question:
Could Jesus Have Sinned?
Hebrews 4:14-16/ 2 Corinthians 5:21/ 1 Peter 2:21-22/ 1 John 3:5
1. Jesus didn't sin
2. The devil thought he might
3. The temptations were real
Jesus' Three Big Temptations:
The Same Ones We Face
1. Who would he trust in a crisis?
2. Would he serve God or try to use God?
3. Would he sell out to avoid pain?
THE TRUTH ABOUT TEMPTATION
1. It is not a sin to be tempted
2. Our temptations are never too strong to resist
1 Corinthians 10:13
3. When we're tempted - what we do reveals who we are
James 1:12-16/ 1 Peter 1:6-7
4. The Holy Spirit empowers us
Matthew 3:16-4:1/ Philippians 2:13/ Romans 7:18-8:9
5. The Bible instructs us
Psalm 119:9-11/ Ephesians 6:16/ James 4:7/ 2 Timothy 3:16-17/ Proverbs 3:5-6
TAKING IT HOME
To prevent ourselves from falling into temptation, we need to set up safeguards to resist and avoid temptation. We also may need to develop strategies to help us flee from temptation.
Can you think of any safeguards or strategies you have seen others use or you yourself have in place to resist and/or avoid temptation? If so, explain.
Are there any specific areas of temptation you need prayer for to resist and/or avoid?
QUICK REVIEW: Looking back at your notes from this week's teaching, was there a particular point, verse or comment that caught your attention, challenged you ...
There are 3208 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1604 character sample of the full content.