This content is part of a series.
The Politically Incorrect Jesus (9 of 68)
Series: 30 A.D. The Jesus Story
Pastor Chris Brown
JESUS PICKED WHO, TO DO WHAT?
Luke 5:27-29, Matthew 21:28-32
- We can't follow without leaving something behind.
- There is no reason to follow alone.
WHY JESUS REALLY SHOWED UP AT THE PARTY
Luke 5:30-32, Romans 5:8, 1 Timothy 1:15-16
Jesus didn't hang out with the party crowd simply because he "liked the party crowd." He hung out with the party crowd because they were sick and they knew it.
Jesus didn't avoid the religious crowd because he "didn't like religious people," but because they were sick and wouldn't admit it.
WHAT JESUS CAME TO DO
Luke 5:33-39, 2 Corinthians 5:17-21, John 17:20-23, 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
- He came to do transplants, not cosmetic surgery.
- This is good news for the sick who want to change.
- This is bad news for the sick who won't admit it.
- Christianity is the only club where you have to be unqualified to get in.
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW: Looking back at your notes from this week's teaching, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. Are there any Christmas traditions your family practices now that you also had in the home you grew up in? If so, explain.
2. As you look back on this quarter, wha ...
There are 2782 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1391 character sample of the full content.