This content is part of a series.
When 2nd Chances Run Out (2 of 9)
Series: Judges: Scripture's Believe It Or Not!
Dr. Larry Osborne
The High Price of Half-Hearted Obedience
Romans 15:4 and 1 Corinthians 10:6,11/ Judges 2:1-3/ Judges 3:5-9/ Deuteronomy 7:1-6
- They were God's people.
- They'd been granted great promises.
- They had crystal clear directions.
- They made stupid choices based on foolish assumptions.
- They paid a high price for a long time.
THE STORIES WE'VE COME TO EXPECT (Sort of)
God To The Rescue
- When we disobey, life falls apart.
- When we cry out for help, God comes to the rescue.
THE DETAILS WE TEND TO OVERLOOK
The Truth About Obedience And 2nd Chances
1. Obedience doesn't guarantee success.
Judges 1:2 and 19/ Psalm 73/ 1 Peter 4:12-19
- Just because it's hard, doesn't mean God's not working.
2. Knowing God makes disobedience worse not better.
Hebrews 12:5-11/ Judges 1:28-2:5/ Matthew 5:29-30
- Partial obedience is not obedience.
- We can't resist what we're supposed to flee.
3. Forgiveness doesn't fix everything.
2 Samuel 12:13 and 12:9-14/ Jeremiah 18:1-10/ Judges 2:3 and 20-21
- God's Plan A is always better than Plan B.
-Second chances can and will run out.
TAKING IT HOME
1. Take a couple minutes and ask God if there's anything you need to confess to Him or others - or that you need to take the step of completely removing from your life?
2. Is there anything else from this week's sermon or study that is catching your attention that you need to remember or apply?
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW: Looking back at this week's teaching on "When 2nd Chances Run Out," was there anything that particula ...
There are 3513 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1756 character sample of the full content.