This content is part of a series.
Honoring The Giving Principle (2 of 5)
Series: A Life That Honors God
Pastor Frank Damazio
Introduction: Our responsibility is to find the honoring principles in Scripture and begin to live an honorable life. This series has so far profiled an honorable person and seen ten honoring principles in Scripture. In this message, we'll look at honoring the giving principle. Learning and applying this honoring principle involves growing a heart attitude in giving, which gives the right thing at the right time in the right way and for the right reasons.
I. HONORABLE PERSON PROFILE
A. Scriptures and definition
1. 1 Sam. 2:30 But now the LORD says: "Far be it from Me; for those who honor Me I will honor, and those who despise Me shall be lightly esteemed."
2. An honorable person: A person who highly regards, respects, and esteems God, His Word, His principles, and places value on what God values by living a life of honor
B. 10 principles an honorable person honors:
1. Biblical perspective on life
2. Giving principles
6. Fear of the Lord
8. Those who are older
9. Spiritual leaders
10. The House of God
II. AN HONORABLE PERSON HONORS THE GIVING PRINCIPLE
Prov. 3:9-10 Honor the LORD with your possessions, and with the firstfruits of all your increase; so your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will overflow with new wine.
• BBE: Give honour to the Lord with your wealth, and with the firstfruits of all your increase.
• NAS: Honor the Lord from your wealth, and from the first of all your produce.
• NIV: Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops.
• NLT: Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the best part of everything your land produces.
• TNK: Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the best of all your income.
A. Honor The Lord With Your Substance
1. Substance (Hebrew) - "That which stands under," used chiefly of material goods and possessions; prope ...
There are 16569 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.