This content is part of a series.
Are You Sure You Want God to Show Up? (3 of 17)
Series: The Unknown Prophets
A Quick Fly-By
- All Hell Has Broken Loose: A devastating locust invasion
Joel 1:1-12/ Deuteronomy 28:15 and 42
- But You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet: The Day of the Lord is coming
Joel 1:12 - 2:11/ Acts 2:16-21
- Get Right With God: Do the right thing, not the religious thing
Joel 2:11-17/ Proverbs 15:8 and 21:27/ Jeremiah 14:12/ Isaiah 1:14-15
- What Happens When We Repent (Turn Around):
Judgment becomes blessing
Joel 2:18 - 3:20/ Isaiah 1:16-20
Lessons To Take Home
1) What to do when all hell breaks loose
Joel 2:11-17/ Judges 10:6-16/ 1 Peter 4:12-19
First, look in the mirror
If you see sin - stop it
If you don't see sin - pray and hold on
2) Never forget, when God brings justice
He also brings judgment
Joel 2:11/ 1 Corinthians 3:12-15 and 1 Peter 4:17-18/ 2 Thessalonians 1:6-10
3) Never forget, God always prefers forgiveness
Romans 5:8-10/ 2 Peter 3:8-15
The reality that God prefers forgiveness over judgment is a profound comfort to us all. The culmination of God's love for us is demonstrated through the sending of his son, Jesus, and the sacrifice of his life so that we might have life.
As we close this quarter, we want to remember what Jesus has done for us and who we are by taking communion. In preparation for this, read through Psalm 86:1-11. Write down what it says about who God is, what he does for us, who we are as his followers and how we can come
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW: Looking back at your notes from ...
There are 3322 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1661 character sample of the full content.