This content is part of a series.
A Gut-Wrenching Prayer (2 of 4)
Series: Beyond The Flannelgraph: Jonah
Pastor Chris Brown
JONAH HAS YOU BEAT:
WHY NO ONE LIKES TO SURRENDER:
Jonah 1:1-17, Mark 14:36, Romans 6:6-14, 8:5-11, Galatians 2:20, Colossians 3:1-10
1st We have to remember that we deserve death.
2nd We have to stop blaming, and take responsibility.
3rd We give up on all other priorities and desires.
4th We give up our freedom and commit to a new owner.
WHAT GOD AND JESUS ARE LOOKING FOR:
Mark 6:1-6, Proverbs 28:9, Matthew 7:21-27, John 14:23, 15:1-10, 1 Corinthians 6:20
- People with faith, not just the facts.
- People who are willing to be puked on.
TAKING IT HOME
1. As you look at your own life, is there any area you see where the facts aren’t being translated into faith?
2. Looking back on the situation you used in your lament prayer, is there anything you’d like prayer for from your Growth Group?
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW: Looking back at your notes from this week’s teaching on A Gut-Wrenching Prayer, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. This weekend we looked at the jam Jonah got himself into. Is there a time in your life that you got yourself into a similar belly-of-the-fish experience and reached out to God in the midst of it? What did you learn from that experience?
2. What challenges or fears could a person face in sharing their belly-of-the-fish story with others?
What kind of people do you find it easiest to share your story with?
1. While in the belly of the fish, Jonah finally surrendered to God and committed himself to do ...
There are 3491 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1746 character sample of the full content.