This content is part of a series.
Will You Go With Jesus (5 of 5)
Series: A Fan or a Follower
(Note: This series is inspired by Kyle Idleman's book - "Not a Fan")
• The Apostle Paul writes his final words to the carnal church at Corinth. In 2 Corinthians 13:5 he says, "Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith, examine yourselves. Or do you not recognize for yourselves that Jesus Christ is in you?...Unless you fail the test."
• In high school, I hated tests! The reason was, "I was always ill-prepared." Sad to say, but I wasted my high school years. In my 4 years, I prepared little and out of a graduating class of 82, my number was probably 81!! (Perhaps not, just a guess) However, there was one test which I could not wait to take; it was my Senior Literature final exam. All my other grades and courses were pretty good, but this was THE ONE which decided if I would graduate or spend the summer in school. The teacher graciously gave us the material to study and I, in an uncharacteristic manner studied two days for this test. I found myself actually looking forward to this test because I intended to 'ace' it. Well, I didn't get 100, but did score like 98.
• My attitude about the test was driven by my preparation for the test. Paul tells us to test ourselves! And this test is 'big-stuff'. It's not about graduating high school (so you can spend at least 4 more years in another school) this test is about life, death, hell, heaven, and eternity. Sometimes we don't test ourselves because we know we're ill-prepared.
• The question before is: "Are you a fan or a follower?" Jesus gives the test and He says, "If you love me you will keep my words, you will make me first, and you will surrender to me."
• For 3 weeks we have run around this question, so today let's get to the bottom line and ask the BIG QUESTION? Are you a fan or a follower? Will you go with Jesus? Luke 9.
• We have just read Dr. Luke's account of Jesus having an encounte ...
There are 13745 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.