This content is part of a series.
How To Deal With A Controversial Passage (3 of 10)
Series: Doing Church God's Way
Dr. Larry Osborne
1 Timothy 1:18-2:15
Not every passage in the Bible is crystal clear.
Too often, we argue over the unclear and ignore the crystal clear.
We don't know how to agree to disagree.
FIRST THE EASY STUFF:
How A Good Start Goes Awry.
1 Timothy 1:18-20/ Hebrews 11:6 and Hebrews 10:25-26/ 1 John 1:9 and Jeremiah 18:1-10
- We stop trusting God and stop obeying God.
What To Pray For And Why It's Important.
1 Timothy 2:1-7/ Proverbs 21:1/ John 14:6 and Acts 4:12/ Ezekiel 33:11
- Everyone and everything.
- Peace and quiet.
- So that it's easier to become a Christian.
What's A Man to Do?
1 Timothy 2:8/ Mark 11:25/ Romans 12:8
- God wants holiness and harmony.
NOW FOR THE HARD STUFF:
What's A Woman to Do?
1 Timothy 2:9-15/ 1 Peter 3:3-4/ Proverbs 31:10 and 22/ Proverbs 11:22/ Galatians 3:28
- Is this about a woman or a wife?
- Is this for then or for now?
- How I see it.
WHAT TO DO WHEN THE OTHER SIDE DOESN'T GET IT
1. If it's black and white and crystal clear - divide over it.
Galatians 1:8-9/ 1 Timothy 4:7, 2 Timothy 3:5 and Titus 3:10/ 1 Corinthians 5:9-13
2. If it's not, unity is more important than uniformity.
1 Corinthians 13:2/ 1 Corinthians 3:1-4 and 11:17-19/ Romans 14:1-13/
John 13:35 and Ephesians 4:2-3/ 1 Timothy 1:5 and 1 Peter 3:8 and 4:8 and 1 John 4:20-21
Food for Thought
(Questions and Scriptures for further study)
1. Working your way through a controversi ...
There are 3278 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1639 character sample of the full content.