This content is part of a series.
Beating Death…Just Be There! (3 of 11)
Pastor Chris Brown
WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT DEATH
- We were designed for life, not death.
Genesis 3:17-24, Romans 5:12, Romans 6:23
- Suffering and pain are a reality of a fallen world.
Matthew 6:19-21, Colossians 3:1, Hebrews 9:27, John 11:32-36
- The tighter we hold on to life, the harder it will be to let go.
Matthew 6:19-21, Colossians 3:1, 1 John 2:15-17, Luke 12:13-26, Matthew 16:26
- The believer sees death as graduation, not the end.
James 4:13-17, Psalm 39:5, 1 Peter 1:23-25, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17
John 14:1-6, Luke 19:17-19, Matthew 5:12, 25:21-23, Genesis 1:28, 2 Timothy 2:12, Luke 22:28-30, 1 Corinthians 6:2-3, Revelation 22:5, Matthew 13:43, Romans 8:16-17, Isaiah 9:7, Daniel 7:15-28, Revelation 2:26, 3:21, 5:9-10, 7:13-15, 20:4-6 ("Heaven" by Randy Alcorn)
- The reward for faithful service is not eternal rest, but more service.
JUST BE THERE!
John 14:1-6, 1 John 5:12, Romans 10:9-13
Two questions we all have to ask:
- Can I trust God with my life?
- What step of faith do I bet my eternity on?
TAKING IT HOME
1. As you look at your own life, is there anything that distracts you from living in the reality that life is short and we all eventually die?
2. Looking back at the answers you put on My Story Question #2, is there anything you need to change or start doing that could potentially increase the odds that people will share those things about you?
Growth Group Homework
QUICK REVIEW: Looking back at your notes from this week's teaching Beating Death…Just Be There, was there anything that particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
1. The miraculous survival of the 155 people aboard the US Airways flight that crashed into the Hudson River last month undoubtedly caused many of the survivors to do some serious re-evaluating of their priorities in life. What kinds of things ...
There are 4342 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.