This content is part of a series.
Serving Others (5 of 7)
Series: Company of the Committed: 7 Traits of Highly Effective Christians
Dr. Larry Osborne
1 Corinthians 12:7
THE FORGOTTEN SIDE OF GREATNESS
Romans 12:1/ Matthew 20:26-28/ John 13:1-17/ Philippians 2:3-5/ 1 Peter 4:10/ Galatians 6:10
Following Jesus means serving others.
Serving others means serving somewhere!
FINDING OUR NICHE FULFILLING OUR DESTINY
THE HIGH PRICE OF IGNORANCE:
It's worse than use it or lose it!
Ephesians 2:10/ Matthew 25:14-30 and James 2:14-26
Finding and Fulfilling Our Niche, Roles and Responsibilities:
1 Corinthians 12:1-27/ Romans 12:1-11/ Acts 13:36
- We're all gifted and called to serve others. (1 Cor 12:7)
-God decides who does what. (1 Cor 12:11-18)
- The greater the glory - the less important the role! (1 Cor 12:19-27)
PRACTICAL ADVICE FROM THE TRENCHES
1. Just do something!
2. If the barn's burning - grab a bucket!
3. Follow your successes - not your passions!
1 Corinthians 12:7/ Romans 12:3
4. Don't whine or compare.
Matthew 6:1/ Romans 14:4/ 2 Corinthians 10:12
5. Move toward alignment.
TAKING IT HOME
1. Looking back at this week's message and study, which point or statement is most important for you to remember in serving others?
2. Are there any new service opportunities that you need to consider (or reconsider) as a result of this week's teaching?
Growth Group Homework
Looking back at your notes from this weekend's message, was there a specific sound bite, verse, or point that particularly challenged, changed or expanded your understanding of what it means to serve others?
1. How we live and make decisions day-to-day can make or break our ability to fulfill our God-assigned role in the kingdom. Which of the statements below can most easily become ...
There are 3847 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1924 character sample of the full content.