This content is part of a series.
Spiritual Influence (7 of 7)
Series: Company of the Committed: 7 Traits of Highly Effective Christians
Dr. Larry Osborne
1 Peter 3:15-16
OUR TWO BIGGEST PROBLEMS:
1. Sending the wrong message.
2. A lack of urgency.
SPIRITUAL INFLUENCE FLOWS OUT OF. . .
1 Peter 2:11-12/ Matthew 5:13-16 and 9:35/ 1 Peter 3:15-16
1. A good LIFE.
2. Good DEEDS.
3. Good ANSWERS.
SIX THINGS WE DON'T WANT TO FORGET:
1. There are no magic bullets.
Mark 6:4-6/ 2 Corinthians 4:3-4
2. It's impossible to have impact without contact.
Matthew 9:10-13/ 1 Corinthians 5:9-13/ Daniel and Joseph
3. The test of influence is influence!
Luke 7:30-35/ Matthew 28:19-20
4. "Come and see" is usually more effective than "shut up and listen"!
John 1:45-50/John 4:28-29 and 39-42
5. No one can argue with our story.
John 4:39-42/ John 9:25/ 1 Peter 3:15-16
6. God wants His enemies won over not wiped out.
Ezekiel 18:23 and 33:11/ John 3:16/ 2 Timothy 2:24-26
TAKING IT HOME
1. Looking back on the sermon and these study questions, is there any area in your life where you could grow or change, or something you can continue, in order to make you a more spiritually influential person?
2. If you could impact the spiritual life of anyone in your current circle of relationships and influence, who would you most like to see take a step closer to Jesus?
What could you do or say that might help that happen?
Spend some time praying for these specific people and God's work in their life.
Growth Group Homework
1. This week we focused on the importance of having genuine spiritual influence on the people and world we interact with. What did you find most helpful, challenging or interesting from this week's message?
1. When you think of the words "evangelism" or "evangelist," what positive and negative words, images or stories come to mind? ...
There are 4041 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.