This content is part of a series.
A Personal Relationship with God? (1 of 10)
Series: Who's In Your Fave 5?
Dr. Larry Osborne
Matthew 22:36-40; Romans 8:15
LIFE'S MOST IMPORTANT RELATIONSHIP
Matthew 22:36-40/ Romans 8:15
RELIGION OR RELATIONSHIP?
What's the Difference?
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO HAVE A GREAT ''RELATIONSHIP'' WITH GOD?
A Starbucks Conversation
1. Don't try to put God first on your list.
Put Him in the middle of everything.
2. Find out what works for you.
Romans 14:4-6/ Luke 7:33-35/ 1 John 2:3-5
3. Beware of substituting empty rituals for a genuine relationship.
1 Samuel 15:22-23/ Colossians 2:20-23/ 1 Corinthians 13:2-3
4. Expect to go through seasons and stages; every relationship does.
Romans 8:15 and Ephesians 5:1/ Proverbs 1:7 and John 15:14-15/ Revelation 2:1-7 misapplied to feelings
Have you ever found yourself needing to focus on one of these more than another during a particular season in your life?
What might be some indicators that you need to focus on one of these more than the others?
TAKING IT HOME
Looking back at this week's teaching and study, are there any spiritual tools you want to focus on more during this season in your life?
Any new ones you've never really considered, but want to try?
Any you should focus on less?
Is there anything you need prayer for to help keep God at the center of your life?
Growth Group Homework
GETTING TO KNOW YOU
1. We all have different personality types and temperaments that impact how we interact and relate to others (outgoing, quiet, thinking out loud, internally processing, optimistic, high energy, mellow, free flowing, systematic, intuitive, skeptic, reflective, analytical, to name a few). What terms would you use to describe your personality?
There are 3630 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1815 character sample of the full content.