This content is part of a series.
Philemon: From Slave to Bishop? (1 of 5)
Series: Tweets from Heaven
The Key Players and Back Story
Philemon 1:1-25/ Colossians 4:7-15
The Elephant In The Room
Does The Bible Endorse Slavery?
Deuteronomy 15:12-15, 23:15-16 and Exodus 21:16/ Galatians 3:26-29 and Colossians 3:11/ Colossians 3:22-25/ Colossians 4:1/ I Corinthians 7:17-24/ 1 Timothy 1:9-10
Lessons To Take Home
What Does This Passage Teach Us About Righteous Living?
2 Timothy 3:16-17
1. God is in control of who is in control.
Philemon 1:1, 9 and 23/ Daniel 1:1-2/ Romans 13:1-10/ Romans 8:28-39 and Philemon 1:15-16
2. Our unity in Christ is greater than our differences in this world.
Philemon 1:16/ Galatians 3:26-29, Colossians 3:11 and 1 Corinthians 12:13
3. When we do wrong - we need to make it right.
When we've been wronged - we need to let it go.
Philemon 1:12-14 and 18-19/ Matthew 5:23-26/ Philemon 1:17 and Ephesians 4:32
4. It's always better to motivate than legislate.
Food for Thought
(Questions and Scriptures for further personal study)
1. As we heard in this week's sermon, ''our unity in ...
There are 2405 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1202 character sample of the full content.