Living To Fight Another Day
On this Memorial Day, as we think of those who died in battle, we need to translate their sacrifice into an understanding of what it means to live to fight another day.
I. In the Battle You Must Know Your Enemy.
A. The enemy is not "flesh and blood" (note: Paul is "in chains"). v. 12
B. The enemy is the "devil"-"the evil one." vv. 11, 16
1. The devil whom Christ confronted in the wilderness. Luke 4:2
2. The devil whom Christ defeated on the cross. Hebrews 2:14-15
3. The devil who prowls like a lion looking to devour. 1 Peter 5:8-9
4. The devil whose strategies are crafty and cunning. v. 11
5. The devil who grasps any opening the believer gives him. 4:27
C. The enemy, the devil, has "spiritual forces of evil" available to him. v. 12
1. These spiritual forces operate in "the heavenlies."
2. These spiritual powers are subject to the Risen Christ. 1:21
II. In the Battle You Must Obey Your Orders.
A. "Be strong in the Lord and in His mig ...
There are 2104 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1052 character sample of the full content.