The Price Of Freedom
2 Peter 2:9-22
This Memorial Day we embrace our many freedoms with delight. But freedom has its price, and we forge it at our peril.
I. The "Freedom" that in Reality Is Bondage.
A. The promise of freedom that is in error because it assumes:
1. There is no final judgment.
2. There is no ultimate authority.
3. There is no final accounting.
4. We're free to pursue our own desires.
B. The promise of freedom that is empty because:
1. It proffers a freedom that it cannot deliver.
a. "Springs without water." v. 17
b. "Mists driven by a storm."
2. It is presented by those who do not experience freedom. v. 19
a. They are bold and arrogant. v. 10
b. "They blaspheme in matters they do not understand." v. 12
c. They are driven by instinct, not principle. v. 12
C. The p ...
There are 1701 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 850 character sample of the full content.