Clarity: Another Benefit of Consecration
5 Joshua told the people, "Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do amazing things among you."
Here are the benefits of Consecration:
a. Closeness - more of Him and less of you. As you draw near to Him, He will draw near to you.
b. Confidence - in your relationship with your Father, and who you are in Christ
c. Compassion - burden for others, feeling their pain, not self indulgent
d. Conception - new ministries, new beginnings, new things, birthed out of intimacy
e. Clarity - seeing into the spirit realm. Seeing things as they really are, from God's perspective
Last week we talked drawing closer and closer to God. According to Isaiah 58, as you draw closer to the Lord in times of prayer and intimacy:
• Your light will break forth - that means that people will see the change in you on the outside
• and your healing will quickly appear - you will be healed on the inside and people will see it on the outside.
• Your righteousness will go before you - that means that the way that you live will speak of your right standing with God. This speaks of reputation and favor with God and man. People will know you have a relationship with God by the way you live. They will know you are in right standing with God based on the decisions you make.
• The glory of the Lord will be your rear guard - this speaks of the evidence that to the world there really is a God and they have experienced Him through you!
• Then you will call, and the LORD will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.
• "You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail."
o A WELL WATERED GARDEN - Gardens are beautiful. There are flower gardens and there are vegetable gardens. Healthy gardens are beautiful to look at. They provide life and nutrition to those who would partake of them. That is what God says you are. Because you have spent time with God, you are like that ...
There are 10799 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.