The Battle Within
Man was born to be in fellowship with God
What we lost in Adam, we gain back in Christ.
Before Jesus, there was no battle. After you come to Christ you enter into a conflict.
That conflict is between
The Kingdom of God and the Kingdom of darkness
The flesh and the Spirit
The law and Grace
Over the next several weeks we will be covering these topics
Last week we talked about not giving into the flesh.
1. If you react, you know you will have to come back to the cross and ask God to forgive you.
2. If you respond in an ungodly way, then you would have to go the person who you sinned against and humbly ask them to forgive you.
3. It is wise to die to self because it Preserves your witness as a Christian.
4. There is a Power of the resurrection that comes out of dying
5. God is Glorified
6. It gives God the opportunity to vindicate on your behalf.
This is just one of the battles we face everyday. Not reacting in the flesh. There is a conflict between good and evil and it all started in the garden in the beginning when God made Adam and Eve. God looked at all His creation and saw that it was good.
Gen 1, 2, 3
Adam was born of God. He was formed from the dust of the earth and God breathed into him the breath of life. He did not have a human father. He was born without sin.
But when deception came in, that is when man hid himself from God. Suddenly man became self conscious. Adam and Eve bought the lie that said they could be like God, receiving praise and worship. Ever since then, man has turned their focus inward and has been clawing their way to get to the top. And all so they could be worshipped. Cain killed Abel because he was jealous of his offering to God. Jacob stole Esau's birthright for a cup of stew. Joseph's brothers threw him in a pit and sold him into slavery all because of their hatred for him because of his giftings and his relationship with his father. Nowad ...
There are 6328 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.