This content is part of a series.
Eight Marks of a Strong Church (2 of 2)
Series: Strong Leaders Build Strong Churches
Introduction: The strong leader builds a strong church that will impact culture, change atmosphere in the city, transform lives, and win the lost. Matthew 16:16-18 says, ''Simon Peter answered and said, 'You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.' Jesus answered and said to him, 'Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.''' The strong leader raises the passion level for building a world-impacting church. This message seeks to unite all leaders into one clear vision and mission in building a strong, enduring church.
I. THE CALL FOR STRONG LEADERS
A. FOUR MESSAGES OF HAGGAI
1. First Message (Haggai 1:1-15) - This was a call to recommit to the vision, to re-evaluate the priorities and return to the work of rebuilding the temple. The vision had been stopped for sixteen years and no progress had been made.
2. Second Message (Haggai 2:1-9) - Haggai called to the leaders to be encouraged and to see beyond the natural, to see what could be and not what is.
3. Third Message (Haggai 2:10-19) - Haggai called the people and the leaders to a new level of purity and a new focus on the Lord Himself. He challenged them to believe for favor and blessing to return.
4. Fourth Message (Haggai 2:20-23) - Haggai spoke about the coming shaking of all things when all kingdoms will be overthrown. However God will raise up a lasting, unshakable kingdom whose servants are the signet ring of the Lord's work.
B. THE CALL TO BE STRONG
1. God motivates, strengthens and fulfills the vision to finish the work.
a. Be strong, Zerubbabel - governor - senior pastor (Haggai 2:4)
b. Be strong, Joshua - high priest - leadership team (Haggai 1:14)
c. Be stron ...
There are 14921 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.