Introduction: In sports, a powerhouse team is the team that is considered the best of its class, a team that is characterized by strong and aggressive play. A powerhouse team has great force and energy to accomplish far above its peers. It is a team that has great drive and ability. So what makes young adults into young powerhouses? The power of the Holy Spirit in the life of the young person enables them to become young powerhouses for God. The indwelling power of the Spirit gives them the ability to accomplish great things, the drive to become men and women of influence in their world, and the strength to become a great force for God.
I. HOW YOUNG PEOPLE ENCOUNTER GOD
A. EACH YOUNG PERSON WILL ENCOUNTER GOD IN DIFFERENT WAYS AND ENCOUNTER THE REALITY OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IN A VARIETY OF WAYS.
1. Holy Spirit presence felt during the worship time.
2. Holy Spirit moving in your heart during the preaching of the Word.
3. Holy Spirit encounter that touches your life at a youth camp or a retreat.
4. Holy Spirit coming upon us, then in us, then with us. It is a journey, a process.
5. Holy Spirit in us is salvation. You are born again. Your spirit is invaded by the Holy Spirit. You become a new spiritual person. You have life and power in you.
6. Holy Spirit filling us and flowing through us is another step in growing and living in the power of the Holy Spirit. A river pours through you.
John 7:37-38 GNT On the last and most important day of the festival Jesus stood up and said in a loud voice, "Whoever is thirsty should come to me, and whoever believes in me should drink. As the scripture says, 'Streams of life-giving water will pour out from his side.'"
John 7:37-38 AMP Now on the final and most important day of the Feast, Jesus stood, and He cried in a loud voice, If any man is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink! He who believes in Me [who cleaves to and trusts in and relies on Me] as ...
There are 15456 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.