This content is part of a series.
I Will Walk On A Level Path (7 of 8)
Series: Seven Unshakable Life Declarations
Introduction: The person living an unshakable life is one who builds on the unshakable word of God. His life is anchored, immovable, and indestructible. To live this life, it is important to make faith declarations. A faith declaration unites the heart and mouth to declare by faith the word of God and unshakable life declarations.
Today's declaration is "I will walk on a level path." A level path is a plain or level place of uprightness. It is direct and smooth, free from obstacles.
Psalm 27:11-12 Teach me Your way, O Lord, and lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies. Do not deliver me to the will of my adversaries; for false witnesses have risen against me, and such as breathe out violence.
Our declaration: I will choose a lifestyle of integrity and I will walk according to the principles of God's word; I will learn God's ways and walk on a level path.
I. UNDERSTANDING THE BIBLICAL SIGNIFICANCE OF THE WORD "PATH"
Psalm 27:11 Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path
A. "WAY" REFERS TO A COURSE OF LIFE OR MODE OF ACTION
Proverbs 14:12 There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death.
1. It is the way in which you live your life, the moral character that is reflected in your manner of living. Often it refers to the actions or behavior of a person.
2. "Way" is a path that is worn by constant walking.
B. "PATH" REFERS TO THE DIRECTION THAT YOUR MANNER OF LIVING IS TAKING YOU
1. Path, on the other hand, means "a journey" and refers to a traveler, one who is on the move. Figuratively, it describes the way to life or to death.
2. In the Old Testament "way" and "path" are used together. Way means your behavior or how you live. Your path means the direction that your lifestyle takes.
3. Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament defines path as "the way which one chooses determines one's desti ...
There are 13374 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.