This content is part of a series.
The Prayer Hedge (1 of 5)
Series: Hedges - Growing Strategic Spiritual Hedges
Introduction: Prayer agreement releases something supernatural in the invisible realm. Prayer is the wisest preparation for a new year and a new season. Our theme we will build upon is the word "Hedges," taken from Job 1:10: "Have You not made a hedge around him, around his household, and around all that he has on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land."
I. LAYING THE FOUNDATION
A. DEFINITION AND SCRIPTURE
1. "Hedges" is used in Scripture to illustrate God's divine strategic protection around His people against any and all weapons, intentions, and attacks of the enemy seeking to harass, harm, or destroy God's work in us and around us.
2. Job 1:10 (GNT) You have always protected him and his family and everything he owns. You bless everything he does, and you have given him enough cattle to fill the whole country.
3. Job 1:10 (NIV) Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land.
4. The five hedges we need:
• Prayer hedge
• Personal hedge
• Relational hedge
• Possessions hedge
• Favor hedge
5. The prayer hedge is our first hedge that builds and supports all other hedges. Through prayer, we fortify and reinforce our personal hedges that shield our lives, our relationships, our work, households, and our promises of blessings, favor, and increase.
B. UNPACKING THE HEDGE CONCEPT
1. Satan's accusation: Job served God for what he could get from God: wealth, prosperity, blessings in every way. He was accusing Job of serving God only for personal gain. Satan suggested removing the hedge to test Job's motive.
2. Satan has no power against God's person unless God gives it. God is sovereign in all things.
3. God does have a spiritual supernatural protective ...
There are 12798 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.