This content is part of a series.
The Paths of the Righteous are Directed Paths (2 of 5)
Series: The Paths of the Righteous
1. Absolute Obedience to His Will
a) Submission to God's Will
b) Sensitivity to God's Will
2. Absolute Dependence on His Word
a) Leaning Cautiously on Our Insights
b) Looking Continuously to His Instructions
3. Absolute Guidance in His Way
a) Proper Paths
b) Pleasing Paths
1. In Proverbs 2:20, Solomon spoke of the "paths of the righteous." In our last study we considered the path of the righteous and saw it as the better path and a blessed path. In this study I want us to begin to consider why it is such a blessed path.
2. In the beloved and familiar words of Proverbs 3:5-6, Solomon tells us that one of the reasons the "paths of the righteous" are blessed paths is because the paths of the righteous are directed paths. Solomon says, "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths."
3. John Phillips writes: "The book of Proverbs takes the Mosaic Law and breaks it up into its glowing primeval colors, as a prism divides a ray of light. The 613 commandments in the law covered all aspects of life, including the simply prosaic and pragmatic matters of fact. In Proverbs those commandments are transformed into poetry, flashing and scintillating with color. The wise man wanted us to see in a spectrum of color what happens when we enthrone God's Law in our hearts." (John Phillips, Exploring Proverbs, Volume One)
4. For those who have enthroned God's law in their heart and walk the paths of righteousness, they enjoy the blessings of having their paths directed by the Lord. Solomon says, "He shall direct thy paths."
5. I was recently reading about the Baptist Missionary, Marietta J. Reside, who first carried the Gospel to the Kiowa Indians of Oklahoma. The book "Kiowa Voices: Ceremonial Dance, Ritual, and Song," speaks of whe ...
There are 19189 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.