This content is part of a series.
The Paths of the Righteous are Taught Paths (3 of 5)
Series: The Paths of the Righteous
1. What the Righteous Longs to Learn
a) Righteous Paths
b) Reflective Paths
2. Where the Righteous Looks to Learn
a) A Confidant Source
b) A Controlling Source
3. Why the Righteous Loves to Learn
a) Love Captivates Us
b) Love Motivates Us
1. There are those who are followers of what is known as the Left Hand Path. The term originated with Madame Blavatsky, a 19th century occultist. The Left Hand Path is often associated with black magic, Satanism, and immorality. One follower of the Left Hand Path referred to the Righteous Right and the Satanic Left.
2. For the past few studies we have been thinking about a path we should walk. In Proverbs 2:20 we saw that Solomon spoke of the "paths of the righteous." It is certainly not a Left Hand Path that follows the "god of this world" (cp. 2 Cor. 4:4), but rather a path of the righteous, those who follow "the God of heaven, and the God of the earth" (cp. Gen. 24:3)
3. We began by seeing that the paths of the righteous are a better path and a blessed path. All who walk this path will testify that it was the greatest day of their life when they met the Lord and began their journey on this path.
4. You will notice that Solomon uses the plural when he speaks of "paths." It is not that there are more than one path that the righteous follow, but rather that this path consists of various blessings and steps.
5. For example, in our last study we saw that the paths are the righteous are directed paths. Solomon declared, "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy way acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths" (Prov. 3:5-6). Those who walk the paths of righteous have the Lord as their guide in life directing their paths.
6. As we consider the words of the Psalmist we see that the paths of the righteous are taught to them by th ...
There are 17760 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.