This content is part of a series.
The Original Star Trek (3 of 3)
Series: The Call of Christmas
READ BUBBA CLAUS (picked up from Dr. David Dykes)
For all of you who are looking for Santa this week, I need to read a memo to you.
To: All Southern USA Residents
RE: Replacement Santa
"I regret to inform you that effective immediately, due the growing population, I will no longer be able to serve the Southern United States on Christmas Eve. However, I have provided a replacement for you, my third cousin, Bubba Claus. His side of the family is from the South pole. There are a few differences between us that you need to know:
1. Instead of milk and cookies, Bubba Claus prefers that you leave a RC Cola and pork rinds.
2. Bubba Claus' sleigh is pulled by flying coon dogs instead of reindeer. (Santa made the mistake of loaning him a reindeer once, and his head now overlooks Bubba 's fireplace.)
3. Instead of hearing "On Comet, on Cupid, on Donner and Blitzen..." you'll hear, "On Earnhardt, on Wallace, on Gordon and Jarrett."
4. The classic Christmas movies such as "Miracle on 34th Street" and "It's a Wonderful Life" will be replaced with "Boss Hogg Saves Christmas" and "Smokey and the Bandit IV."
5. Bubba Claus doesn't wear a belt. So make sure that the wife and the kids turn the other way when he bends over to put presents under the tree.
• Do you know what a "Trekkie" is? Well, I am one. IN 1966 Bill Shatner took the helm of the starship "Enterprise" whose "Mission was and is "to seek out new life and civilization, to boldly go where no man has gone before." Those words launched an era which now (and I'm glad), has five different TV series and 10 movies. (11th in 2009) The starship Enterprise, so it seems, just won't go away.
• However, September 8, 1966, wasn't the first "Star Trek" on record. As we have already said those wise men or "Magi" followed the star looking for Jesus. Do you know what they found? Jesus. The Son of God. T ...
There are 11385 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.