This content is part of a series.
Hear With Your Heart (2 of 41)
Series: The Unveiling
Jerry N Watts
June 4, 2011
* (TEXT) One of the funniest and truest of all slogans is the Verizon ad which says, "Can you hear me now?" Obviously, the issue is cell phone connectivity for millions. When WE PAY FOR A CELL PHONE, WE WANT TO MAKE SURE that we can be heard.
* Being 'heard' is something which is very important to our Lord. In fact, He gave us the capacity and has a deep desire for us to hear, listen, and understand. Scripture tells us this. As recorded in Acts 28, Paul's ministry and life were coming to a close yet; he was still proclaiming the hard truths of God. In verse 17, he called the "leaders of the Jews in Rome" and had a day to sit under Paul's teaching. (Read vs 23-29) Verse 27 says it all, "The people's hearts have grown callous, their ears are hard of hearing, and they have shut their eyes; OTHERWISE they might see with their eyes and hear with their ears, understanding with their heart, and BE CONVERTED." There is a correlation between seeing and hearing, with UNDERSTANDING. We will never understand if we refuse to hear. This is true in life as well as in our relationship with God. Your spouse, your kids, your parents, as well as your friends are all a part of this hearing with understanding. IN other words, "hearing with your heart."
* Interestingly, our Lord dramatically points this out in Revelation 2 and 3. Writing to these 7 churches (I.E. Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea) He ends every letter with these words, "He who has an ear SHOULD HEAR what the spirit says to the churches."
* What the Spirit said back then He is still saying today. This morning 'hear with your heart' the message which is found in our text.
1. Message From the God-head - While we don't use this term much, it is solidly theological and is true. See God and His words;
* The Timely Greeting- We read "Grace and Peace to you" and ...
There are 10876 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.