This content is part of a series.
The Warrior Rises (2 of 3)
Series: The Warrior
April 4, 2010
1. Anybody here ever watch wrestling? How many of you really do watch it, but you didn't have the courage to raise your hand? I read the other day that you probably watch way too much wrestling when -
• On your resume you write, "I am the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be."
• You get in fights with people who say wrestling is fake.
• You find someone smaller than you, beat them up and then spray paint their back.
• You clothesline people in the supermarket for no reason.
• You elbow smash your dog and turn him over for the three count
• Instead of reading a bedtime story to your kids, you just put them in a sleeper hold.
• When your king-sized bed has ropes and turn-buckles surrounding it
• If you hit your co-worker in the head with a chair while your manager is distracting him
• If you start carrying foreign objects in your underwear
• Finally, you walk down the aisle at church giving high-fives as the people hold up signs and chant your name
2. I must confess to you there was a time in my life that I used to watch wrestling religiously. I was a kid and wrestling used to come on every Saturday afternoon right here in Atlanta, Georgia. I remember the first wrestler I remember seeing was Dick "The Bruiser." I remember thinking as a kid that was the ugliest, scariest man I had ever seen in my life. He was the dirtiest wrestler on television and went ten years without anyone pinning his shoulders to the mat. They called him "The Bruiser" because every opponent he ever fought he made sure they were left both bloodied and bruised.
3. For literally thousands of years, the Nation of Israel had been looking for another bruiser. They weren't looking, however, for a wrestler, but they were looking for a warrior. They expected him to be a bruiser, because he was predicted to be one. When Satan caused t ...
There are 16454 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.