This content is part of a series.
David: Giant Killer (4 of 12)
Series: Bible Giants
1 Samuel 17:4-11
We continue today down the road of the original Route 66 with another message from the Books of History. We call this series, ''Bible Giants'' And today we call the message: David: Giant Killer.
You are going to recognize a very familiar story in the Bible. Perhaps it's a story you learned when you were in Bible School or you learned in the nursery about David and Goliath. It's one of the most tremendous stories about victory in all of the Word of God.
1 Samuel 17:4-11 - And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span.
(5) And he had a helmet of brass upon his head, and he was armed with a coat of mail; and the weight of the coat was five thousand shekels of brass.
(6) And he had greaves of brass upon his legs, and a target of brass between his shoulders.
(7) And the staff of his spear was like a weaver's beam; and his spear's head weighed six hundred shekels of iron: and one bearing a shield went before him.
(8) And he stood and cried unto the armies of Israel, and said unto them, why are ye come out to set your battle in array? Am not I a Philistine, and ye servants to Saul? Choose you a man for you, and let him come down to me.
(9) If he be able to fight with me, and to kill me, then will we be your servants: but if I prevail against him, and kill him, then shall ye be our servants, and serve us.
(10) And the Philistine said, I defy the armies of Israel this day; give me a man, that we may fight together.
(11) When Saul and all Israel heard those words of the Philistine, they were dismayed, and greatly afraid.
All of us in this day and age are facing some Goliath type giants. There's not a person here, not a young person or an older person, who will not face some monsters, some tremendous giants in our spiritual lives.
There are the giants of temptation, the gia ...
There are 19766 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.