This content is part of a series.
No Greater Power Than Praying Marriages (26 of 35)
Series: Delights of a Word-Filled Marriage
Raising Godly Families One Prayer at a Time
Paul distilled the life of a believer down to one word in I Thessalonians 1:10 – WAIT. We are waiting for Jesus, waiting for the Kingdom, waiting upon Him who loved us and loosed us from our sins. But what do we do while we wait? That is answered in I Thessalonians 5:17 "pray without ceasing".
Parenting is life long. Praying keeps us on the front lines of our children's lives – all through our lives. Successful parenting of a godly family only has two requirements: get started in prayer and never quit that praying.
Before we are parents we are praying, while we are up to our ears in those child filled years we are praying, and after they launch out into their own lives we are praying.
My philosophy of great parenting is that you raise a godly family – one prayer at a time.
Prayer is the key to raising, nurturing, and launching children that please the Lord. This morning is a practical, how to lesson in learning how to pray for our children.
We Must Pray for Reality in Their Spiritual Life:
1. SEEING THEM GENUINELY SAVED.
2. SEEING THEM LOVING GOD'S WORD.
3. SEEING THEM LIVING IN VICTORY.
4. SEEING THEM THINKING OF HEAVEN.
5. SEEING THEM FINDING SIN REPULSIVE.
6. SEEING THEM STAYING TENDER TOWARD GOD.
We Must Pray for Integrity in Their Personal Life:
1. SEEING THEM MAINTAINING A CLEAR CONSCIENCE.
2. SEEING THEM LEARNING TO STAND ALONE.
3. SEEING THEM SEEKING TO STAY PURE.
4. SEEING THEM CULTIVATING A SERVANT'S HEART.
5. SEEING THEM NEVER BECOMING BITTER IN TRIALS.
We Must Pray for Stability in Their Relational Life:
1. SEEING THEM CULTIVATING A LOVE FOR THEIR BROTHERS AND SISTERS.
2. SEEING THEM LEARNING TO TRUST GOD WITH HARD SITUATIONS AND NOT TO REBEL.
3. SEEING THEM EACH LOVING THE WAY GOD MADE THEM AS MEN AND WOMEN.
4. SEEING THEM WAITING TO MEET ...
There are 11617 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.