This content is part of a series.
You Keep Going Down, You Will Hit Bottom (16 of 17)
Series: Samson: A Life of Strength & Weakness
1. THE LOVE THAT WAS DESCRIPTIVE OF SAMSON
a) A Love That Is Worldly
b) A Love That Is Wanting
2. THE LAW THAT WAS DISOBEYED BY SAMSON
a) Delilah's Interrogation
b) Samson's Desecration
3. THE LOSS THAT WAS DEVASTATING TO SAMSON
a) The Powerlessness of Samson
b) The Helplessness of Samson
1. We are nearing our end to our studies on the life of Samson. In the closing scenes of his life we are reminded that if you play with fire, sooner or later you will get burnt. As the old-timers used to say, the chickens always come home to roost. Time and time again we have seen Samson going down. If you keep going down, sooner or later you are going to hit bottom. In the next to the last study of Samson, we see Samson finally hitting bottom.
2. If there is anything we have seen demonstrated in the life of Samson it is God's mercy. Oh how merciful God has been to Samson. Over the course of more than twenty years (cp. 15:20) God had been extremely merciful to Samson. Failure has been quite common in Samson's life, but time and time again, failures that often put him in precarious positions. Yet, God in His mercy intervened and delivered Samson.
3. Moses declared, "(For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them" (Deut 4:31). Perhaps no one single character of the Scripture better portrays the words of Moses than Samson--"For the LORD thy God is a merciful God."
4. Job 11:6 states, "Know therefore that God exacteth of thee less than thine iniquity deserveth." Thank God we don't always get what we deserve. If we did, He would act in judgment when we sin and would be just in doing so. We have to say with the Psalmist, "For thy mercy is great unto the heavens" (Psa 57:10).
5. God was very patient and merciful to Sams ...
There are 23555 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.